Wednesday, November 15, 2006

What were we thinking?

As Anna Grace starts walking and gets ready for her first birthday we seem to have a lot on our plate. I guess that was not enough. I am pleased to announce that I am pregnant! I know the first question you are thinking - Was this planned? - and the answer is yes, kind of. We decided we were ready to start working on baby #2 but I changed my mind. Apparently God did not get the memo that I wanted to wait a little while longer. By the time I changed my mind, it was too late. After walking around the house for a few days in a daze thinking BUT I CHANGED MY MIND, I decided it is in times like these I must smile and trust God's perfect timing.
I am very excited though and preparing for a June baby. Anna Grace will be about 18 months old when the new baby arrives. (I could not help but shake my head as I read Jenn's post about Sidney Kate driving her crazy.)
I have been very emotional the past week or two. I started crying at the Auburn game last weekend not because they were losing to UGA but because the half time show got to me - they were playing the Battle Hymn of the Republic and Amazing Grace. Neal started laughing uncontrollably and pointed his sobbing wife out to our friends with us. On the way down to the game, I told him that I thought I had been on the verge of tears for a few days. His response: "Its okay to cry if you want too. I have noticed that you are getting a little mustache; pregnancy can make your body grow hair in unwanted areas." I was ready to shoot him; but it did make me laugh as I told him he was being a thoughtless jerk. I still have not figured out how those two thoughts went together in his mind.
I have been sick but maybe not quite as sick as I was with Anna Grace. However, I am eating everything in sight - especially powdered covered donuts - in the hopes that the extra food will keep my stomach calm. Some days it really works but other days I think the food tasted better the first time around. I covet Anna Grace's afternoon nap since that is the time that I get to rest before starting the evening rush.
I am not sure these thoughts have lead you to believe that I am excited but I really am. I have found a new appreciation for putting Anna Grace down. Our reading, prayer and singing ritual has become one of my favorite times knowing that pretty soon she is not going to fit in my lap all that well and from there we enter the constant battle of dividing my time between two little ones.
So back to the original question...What were we thinking? Who knows. What am I thinking now? That is simple...Wow! What an opportunity to trust God and to rest in His perfect plan. And bring on the donuts; it is time to get fat!
Sorry to blabber so long. Love to you all!
cgh

No comments: