Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Fogas Update



This photo was taken on the Fourth of July. We went canoeing with a couple from our community group and their daughter. The young guy is an exchange student from France who was visiting for a month and stayed with the pastor for a couple weeks. Michael spent a little time with him and invited him to join us.

Ash,

That's exciting news about your job! I didn't realize ya'll were looking for a new church...anywhere?? Still on the East Coast? Though I'm sure it is scary, it's fun to think of the possibility and good change that lies ahead.

On our end, Michael has taken a part-time job at the Alpine Shop...he's their "boat guy." All their people that know about that stuff tend to take off and work river jobs in the summer. He enjoys that community so much...really misses it. Working there though entices him with all sorts of reminders of the outdoors pursuits that he loves. Though it's fun in some aspects, it's provided an unpredictability that I hadn't anticipated this summer. There was so much to do without that job, and now we seem to be cramming things into every spare moment, which presents some challenges because days and hours of work aren't consistent. He did move his office and closet to the basement yesterday, so the basement guest room now has a triple function so that we can make room for little one. I will post a new photo soon. Finally downloaded some yesterday.

We'll be in Birmingham for an Aug. 25 wedding, and I'd love to get together with whomever is around...We'll arrive on Thursday and stay through Monday. That Sunday afternoon Michael's mom and sisters are throwing us a shower, so if any of you can make it to that, I'd love for you to be there. So fun to think of seeing you sweet friends!

No comments: